February 2022 (There will be dated updates as more resources develop over time.)
There has been a fluctuating state of health for the various listening resources available to those experiencing close encounters of the third and fourth kind, where they can bring forward for public sharing their stories after efforts that examine, vett, and investigate their encounter stories.
My own sense of the history of such resources is that the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization (APRO), founded by Coral and Jim Lorenzen in 1952 and expiring with Jim’s 1986 death and Coral’s 1988 death, has been to date the strongest of such a resource. They had an extensive international network of active investigators and academic consultants and, furthermore, were operating during the earliest decades of their work when people were more trusting of the press and authorities and thus more willing to share with those quarters. That latter factor only added to the vast published reservoir of many credible reports, given the popular paperbacks by the Lorenzens and the monthly APRO Bulletin. APRO was somewhat alone during the initial decades of formed UFO organizations in being willing to examine close encounter experiences.
The largest or main institutional resource today addressing ce3 and 4 experiences, and hearing out “experiencers” of them, is the spinoff outfit (beginning in 1969) from APRO, the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON). That organization, based in the United States, has an international network of field investigators and academic consultants (like APRO did).
For close encounter cases involving sighting, contact and interactions with entities connected to “UFOs”, MUFON has a relatively large “Experiencer Resource Team” (ERT). Here is the page identifying this team, many of whom are medical doctors, psychiatrists and psychologists: https://mufon.com/experiencer-resource-team-ert/
On that page, they offer experiencers an opportunity to approach the organization:
“Take the first step towards understanding by completing the following short Experiencer Questionaire. By doing so, you can confidentially share your experience with someone who can help your to find answers.”
Here is that Questionaire, with a prefacing message describing the various forms of help:
MUFON – Experiencer Questionnaire
You may suspect that you have been visited by non-human entities and are seeking additional information with regard to your experience. Or perhaps you have conscious recall of a contact experience or alien abduction and would like to find a support group or a qualified hypnotherapist. Perhaps you’d like to speak with a non-judgmental person who will listen and not criticize. Or perhaps you’ve had an experience and are wondering if you should report it to MUFON for a possible investigation. MUFON’s Experiencer Research Team (ERT) can assist you with all of these matters. Your identity will remain anonymous.
Please complete the “Experiencer Questionnaire” below. A high score does not necessarily indicate that you have been contacted by non-human entities, nor does a low score indicate that you have not been contacted. It merely gives the ERT an indication of what you have in common with other experiencers.
Case Number (if received)
Agree to be Contacted?
First NameLast NameEmailPhoneCityCountry —
1. Have you had a close encounter with a UFO?
2. Do you consciously recall (not under hypnosis), the observation of non-human entities immediately prior to an abduction while you were outside your home?
3. Have witnesses observed a UFO near your house, vehicle, tent, etc. prior to or during your abduction?
4. Have you experienced at least an hour of missing time following a close encounter with a UFO for which you can find no prosaic explanation?
5. Have you awoken in bed to find beings in your bedroom? Did you move your body or cry out and then become paralyzed?
6. Do you have memories of moving rapidly through the air under someone else’s control when you were awake in bed and observed intruders in your bedroom?
7. Do you consciously recall part of an abduction experience?
8. Are you aware of having been examined on an alien craft?
9. Have you had recurring dreams/nightmares about alien abduction?
10. Do you occasionally hear strange code-like buzzing sounds in your ears similar to tinnitus, or hear telepathic messages, or feel a strange but familiar sensation that you’ll have an abduction experience that night?
11. Have you awoken feeling fearful and unwell, with memories of intruders in your home?
12. Have you awoken with unexplained marks on your body, such as cored out areas of tissue, triangle shaped burns, finger shaped bruises, or a sunburn without exposure to the sun?
13. Have you awoken and found yourself dressed in someone else’s clothing or with own clothing inside out or backwards, without a prosaic explanation?
14. If you are a female, have you experienced a gynecological problem that you think is related to your abduction/contact experiences?
15. As a child, are you generally happy and without unusual highs and lows?
16. As an adult, are you generally happy and without unusual highs and lows?
17. Can you feel a foreign object in your body that you suspect is an alien implant?
18. Have you awoken with memories of alien abduction and found that you are more sensitive to light?
19. Do you have difficulty falling asleep and remaining asleep due to fear of alien abduction?
20. Have you been diagnosed as having Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome or Reactivated Mononucleosis?
21. Do you suffer from migraine headaches?
22. Have you awoken with burns, hair loss, or conjunctivitis and memories of an abduction/contact?
23. Has your nose bled immediately following a suspected abduction/contact?
24. Do you crave excessive amounts of salt?
25. Following a suspected abduction/contact, did you ever experience malfunctions of electrical equipment such as lights, digital watches, computers, appliances, all within a four hour period?
26. Have you witnessed paranormal activity in your home, such as light orbs, objects flying through the air, pictures flying off walls, lights turning off and on, windows opening and closing, doors opening and closing and toilets flushing on their own?
27. Are you more or less sensitive, intuitive, or psychic than you were before you had a memory of alien abduction?
28. Do you possess information about alien technology that you’ve never read or learned in your normal environment?
29. Have you had multiple sightings of UFOs up close?
30. Do you have an inordinate fear of alien abduction that affects your everyday life?
Please write a short description of the events that led to you complete the questionnaire.
Unlike APRO, which published cases in popular paperbacks and it’s monthly bulletin, MUFON appears to generally keep it’s database private with perhaps some cases profiled in its members-only monthly journal and perhaps a few close encounter cases via books for the public covering UFO Cases of Interest (by Roger Marsh up to 2019).
Aside from MUFON today, another vehicle for experiencers to approach has been individual therapists who often help with memory retrieval and support help. From 1993 to 2014 there was a non profit, now dissolved, called the Academy of Clinical Close Encounter Therapists (ACCET). Some of the still living therapists, like ACCET’s last director Barbara Lamb, are still active on an individual basis.
While the ACCET organization may have dissolved there is still a similar organization active, named Opus: https://www.opusnetwork.org/
(The author identified on that page, Lester Velez, is a consultant also for the MUFON Experiencer Resource Team.)
They describe their Mission:
The mission of OPUS
Our mission is to educate and support people having unusual /anomalous personal experiences. Such experiences may include extraordinary states of consciousness, spiritual or parapsychological phenomenon, close encounters with non-human entities, and / or UFO activity.
OPUS, through its educational services and position of neutrality, provides a safe and caring meeting place for people and groups with the intention of working together to further our overall knowledge in these areas and better support people to integrate their anomalous experiences into everyday life. You can read more about this on our Experiencer Support page.”
Experiencers themselves have turned to each other in different communities, forming support groups. And now, there is a new online support group, funded via member subscription, The Experiencer Group:
One way for non subscribers of that online network to follow or see some of the this group’s work and activities is through this group’s twitter account:
Co-Founders of The Experiencer Group were profiled in this significant article by Ralph Blumenthal, former NY Times reporter:
An international group was formed in 2021 which may possibly include developing a support and investigative resource for close encounter experiencers. Here is there introductory notice, posted at the prnewswire site:
New Global Organization Launches International Coalition for Extraterrestrial Research (ICER)France – FranÃ§ais
NEWS PROVIDED BYInternational Coalition for Extraterrestrial Research (ICER)
May 25, 2021, 09:05 ET
LONDON, TORONTO, MOSCOW and LISBON, May 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ – ICER, a not-for-profit organization, is comprised of scientists, academics and leading UFO/UAP researchers from 27 countries on 5 continents who are unanimous in their recognition that we are not alone in the cosmos.
Based on more than 75 years of research, ICER acknowledges that the UFO/UAP phenomenon is real; it acts with intelligence and is likely to be extraterrestrial/non-human in origin.
ICER RESEARCHERS INCLUDE:
- Professor Lachezar Filipov, Bulgaria’s National Representative, a Space Astrophysicist who supervised the training of their first astronauts.
- Dr Eamonn Ansbro, National Representative for the Republic of Ireland and an astronomer who is set to feature in a book with Harvard Professor Avi Loeb due for release in late 2021.
Both Filipov and Ansbro ardently believe it is time to purge the stigma that has plagued the UFO phenomenon for decades and embark on serious scientific studies.
The organisation’s launch comes in the wake of recent verified events:
- A New York Times article from 16th December 2017 revealed a hitherto secret UFO/UAP research program into the phenomenon between 2007-2012 with a $22 million budget.
- This article confirmed that US Navy fighter pilots had captured astonishing footage of unidentified aerial vehicles operating in the airspace of the United States in a series of infrared videos taken in 2004 and 2015.
- Significantly, the objects observed were unlike anything the pilots had seen before and moved in spectacular ways that appeared to be technologically far beyond anything man has yet developed.
- In June 2020, a US Navy Task Force was created to investigate these objects which pilots are encountering with increasing frequency. The Task Force is due to submit a highly anticipated report to the US Congress by June 25, 2021.
ICER – PREPARING FOR CONTACT
ICER believes all countries now need to prepare for confirmation that the Earth is being engaged by non-human intelligences and proposes ‘awareness’ programs be established to deal with the profound issue of Contact and its global implications.
ICER aims to take this discussion to the highest levels of governance, including the United Nations.
Journalists and other interested parties are invited to visit ICER INTERNATIONAL MEDIA EVENT to participate in ICER’s global press conference on May 26th.
SOURCE International Coalition for Extraterrestrial Research (ICER)
This group will be followed to see if they develop such a resource related to close encounter experiencers.